Stress is going to creep into our lives, and it is nearly impossible to keep it out. It’s crafty. What stress doesn’t realize, though, is that we are very capable of managing it, if we wish to. We only have to learn how, which is what we’re going to do right now. There are two points of focus that can help us master stress. They are: Awareness and Action.
Be Aware of Stress
Something about our determination to “have it all,” makes many of us hesitant to admit that we have stress. We see it as a sign of weakness. Truthfully, not acknowledging it is the real weakness, and acknowledging that stress exists is a great strength. Be strong! Stress has tell-tale signs, and these are some of the most common:
- Low energy
- Poor eating habits
- Mental shutdown—focused on escaping the present (that Calgon moment)
- Less productivity
- More irritable
Are you experiencing any of these things? Just admit it! Our goal here is to take your stress and convert it into solutions that help you deal with the situations at hand through action, not passivity.
Take Action to Stop Stress
You’ve seen the signs of stress, and you are aware of what they are in you. Now, it is time to take action to stop that stress in its tracks, or at least accept that it is there and deactivate it. In order to do this, you must first: discover the source of your stress. The most common things that women feel stressed about are:
- Their family’s well-being
- Their physical appearance
Once you realize what you’re stressed about, it is time to take action. What are you going to do about it? This is where things get exciting, and as you take steps to achieve stress management, you are going to feel liberated. And that feels oh so good!
- Exercise: this will clear the mind to come up with solutions that work for you.
- Journal: releasing our feelings through journaling is an incredibly effective technique to understand our stress and find ways to reduce it.
- Communication: we need to become comfortable sharing what causes us stress with significant people in our lives, whether it is a partner, our children, or our boss.
- Commit to you: taking care of ourselves is where every great thing starts. When we feel that we are not where we wish to be physically, we can take action to control it. This is challenging at times, but it’s possible. Plus, feeling great about ourselves physically often involves steps that help us in other areas of stress, too. Three of those areas are: exercise, positive self-image, and energy.
Diffuse stress and find solutions. Visit www.LeadingTheSpirit.com to find out more ways to celebrate your spirit.